The Misamis University College of Law envisions to be the premier provider of legal education in Northwestern Mindanao. As such, it is conscious of its responsibility to be a catalyst of change and progress of the nation through formation of students to become experts in legal principles and litigation skills in order to enable them to effectively discharge their future role in the dispensation of justice and equal enforcement of law.
It shall endeavor to keep abreast of legal and procedural developments with the aim of producing responsible graduates who are not only experts on substantive and procedural laws but are also compassionate legal advocates who adhere to the ethical norms of the legal profession.
The College of Law is committed to the development of students’ ability to analyze, understand articulate, and apply their knowledge of legal education in the promotion and advancement of justice and improvement of the nation’s legal system.
The Bachelor of Laws program provides students with the opportunity for comprehensive study of law not only to prepare the students the rigors of academic competence but also for actual practice in the field of judiciary.
The program is aimed to develop in the students the various competencies needed for future career. These include the following learning outcomes that each law student should exemplify:
- Examines the legal processes and their social, political and economic context.
- Demonstrates competence in legal research and utilizes it for professional practice.
- Undertakes the traditional and current studies in the litigation process.
- Manifests mastery about the increasing important alternative methods of resolving disputes.
- Shows expertise in communicating, negotiating, and mediating from the theoretical as well as practical perspectives.
- Recognizes and practices professional, social, legal and ethical responsibility.