Misamis University is an educational institution that advocates a progressive and dynamic education that upholds the principle that God is the center of its existence and that education its service offering to God and country.
It is the first and only ISO certified university by Det Norske Veritas, The Netherlands for Quality Education and Service in Mindanao. The university received ISO 9001:2000 certification in April 28, 2005 and five years later ISO 9001:2008 for its Quality Management System pertaining to educational, research and training services.
Misamis University stands proud of all its accomplishments having grown from only 4 courses when it started in 1929 to more than 58 courses it now offers. It has striven hard to faithfully fulfill its mission to advocate a God-centered existence and offer an education that is committed to the development of the person, who is God-fearing, principled, and socially responsible, service oriented, environmentally concerned and is competent to meet global challenges. It looks forward to climbing new heights, to reinvent a more comprehensive and flexible system that can meet the needs of a dynamic world.
With its present location, Misamis University has become an urban and modern university sharing in the development growth and success in the region and continues to strengthen its reputation as a provider of an exceptional education
The Misamis University upholding the principle that God is the center of its existence and education its service offering to God and country, aims to be the leading private non-sectarian institution of learning.
It is committed to the development of the whole person who is God-fearing, principled, socially responsible, service oriented, environmentally concerned, and is competent to meet global challenges.
Guided by this vision/mission, Misamis University is dedicated to the pursuit and attainment of the following:
- Develop and maintain quality academic programs;
- Foster an academic community that promotes unity, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, environmental concern, appreciation and pride in our national history and cultural heritage;
- Conduct researches that support effective instruction and are responsive to the needs of the community and society;
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with the community, giving emphasis to extension programs and the delivery of quality health care services.
- Provide accessible education for all;